1. “Top of the Pops make some noise” is the best thing I’ve ever said on the mic.
2. After filming the above TV show in December 2001 we got chucked out the BBC bar. I also called the East Enders actor who plays Ian Beal a “snidey wee prick” thinking he really was Ian Beal ! I stopped watching the show on my return.
3. I once came home from a weekend of gigs in Germany without any Trainers ! They were crackers and I’m still gutted !
4. I got spiked at a Public Domain gig in Ibiza and came round in St. Petersburg, Russia. I also got spiked with PCP in New York in 1996 and lost 2 days of the tour – I don’t do drugs.
5. My nickname at Secondary school was Lookie after a my mate discovered a Graing Hill actors name was Malookie , which he thought was funny like my name ??? Mallorca Lee has been my name since birth !
6. I’ve kicked my OCD, but still suffer from mild dyslexia and bouts of depression but that’s never held me back….
7. I think I got held up at gunpoint during an Ultra-Sonic tour of Australia. The guy forced us to our knees and made us recite the Lord’s Prayer with our hands behind our heads … It was very scary waiting to die …. He later burst out crying before letting us go !
I nominate you …..
My brand new single YOU & ME is now available on Beatport / iTunes and all good portals world wide. Taken from my Computer Games album, the 12″ mix is finally available for the very first time.
I wrote the words for the track in Ibiza while spending the day with my wife in the sun after a mental Colours Ibiza Session Boat party the day/night before. I wanted to make a track that would take me out of my sunset mixes and into electronica without being too heavy, too soon. The music was written in S.Italy and the guitars and vocals were recorded in Glasgow, its well travelled and one of my favourites from Computer Games.
YOU & ME also come with 3 amazing remixes from Irish Duo MickMag & JustBob who have dropped an Electro House bomb. DJ Aneesh Gera from Goa has delivered a progressive dream like Trance’er and The man behind Hollywood Hills / Dream Frequency / Dancing Diva’s AKA Blandy has smashed out the coolest Deep House mix PLUS a bonus live acoustic mix performed by Ross Ferguson.
Just putting the release together for YOU & ME feat Ross Ferguson.
I wrote the lyrics in Ibiza for my wife when I was watching her sunbath one lazy afternoon. I had played the Colours boat party with Jack Eye Jones the day before and wanted a track that would take me out the ambiance of a sunset mix, something that could lift the mood without being too heavy.
I recorded the music in my studio when I got back to a cold, cloudy Paisley, adding Ross’s vocals before recording the guitars at Andy Haldane Productions in Glasgow. I then finished the songs structure in S.Italy in between a family holiday. When I got home I done the final mix down with Mark Sherry at his Outbirst Studio in Ayr.
In a world of throw away music, this song has some very special memories attached to it , who its about, the friends that helped me realise the final version and the talented producers who have added their touch to the remixes …
I cant wait to share it with you.
SCOT PROJECT Remix
Out on Beatport Exclusive 22/09/2014
Released world wide 06/10/2014
ORIGINAL 12″ Mix
Soundcloud Preview MLXL 34
Ladies and Jelly spoons we bring you CONTROL the sixth 12″ single taken from Mallorca Lee’s critically acclaimed album Computer Games with none other than Germany’s very own SCOT PROJECT on the remix , turning in an unmistakable slamming hard and dirty mix of the original.
For Artists – Pic of Scot Project and small biog attached.
Scot Project learned to mix techno at the age of 13, and he got his first break in 1986, playing break beat in a youth club in Frankfurt. During the 1990s, he became resident DJ of several clubs in and around Frankfurt.
Scot Project’s success began in 1994, when his first track “X” was released; this was followed closely by “U I Got A Feeling,” in 1995. The latter track peaked at #66 in the UK Singles Chart. It was followed by the 1998 UK hit, “Y (How Deep is Your Love)” which made #57.
In 2002, Frank Zenker and Kai Winter (Derb) created the Druck Records label.
This month I set myself a challenge recording a very special 4 part XL podcast. The concept was to capture and mix the soundtrack of 24 hours in #Ibiza as you join me and a bunch of friends on a night out …
Download / Listen NOW !
Part one of the mix starts off in the afternoon at Cafe Mambo as we dance to house music on the warm beach, pulling on a cool beer, the waves lapping against your ankles, were all looking forward to our night ahead.
Part two continues after dinner we board the Colours boat Party at 6pm for my next set playing big party tracks on the boats decking, sailing into a perfect sunset. When darkness falls the captain steers the ship back into an ultraviolet San Antonio harbour for Part Three of the mix, I’m closing Judgment Friday with a set full big room Tech-Trance.
Our ears buzzing we leave the club, T-shirts damp with sweat and bundle happily out into the cool breeze. Like drunken magnets were pulled back down to the beach laughing.
Part Four we find our spot and enjoy another glorious sunrise hugging or thinking of the one we love. Holding hands, we start to dance letting the sun warm our skin as we slowly put our sunglasses back on framing the smiles on our faces.
I can’t wait to head back out and do it ALL again this year….
Tickets & Event Info / Colours Boat Party 28th July 2014.
The first person to order three items or more from my online store will receive the hat and signed pass I wore at Saturday’s amazing Hanger 13 Reunion party at Ayr Race course. (excluding 12″ vinyl)